Global Implementation Solutions (GIS) is a Chicago-based non-profit organization, 501(c) 3, incorporated in May 2009. GIS is organized and operated exclusively for charitable, scientific, and educational purposes, and more specifically, to provide support that improves healthcare systems in resource-limited countries. GIS is poised to provide international partners and Ministries of Health with project management and implementation solutions to help develop sustainable programs. We are dedicated to using local technical consultants and experts within the regions that we work. GIS is currently focused on One Health initiatives, biosecurity legislation development and laboratory capacity development.
Position: ICT Officer (Vacancy Ref no: GIS/01/2017)
Reporting to: Deputy Director Business Operations
The ICT Manager will oversee all aspects of Information, Communication and Technology for the organization through directing and monitoring the continuous design, development, implementation and maintenance of ICT strategy, policy and systems to propel the organisation to the Cutting edge of ICT usage.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
DESIRED QUALITIES and SKILLS:
- Planning, developing and implementing the ICT budget while also ensuring cost effectiveness.
- Scheduling upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems.
- Evaluate user needs and system functionality and ensuring that ICT facilities meet these needs.
- Researching and installing new systems.
- Guaranteeing the smooth running of all ICT systems, including anti-virus software, print services and email provision.
- Ensuring that users adhere to relevant policies and laws.
- Securing data from internal and external attack.
- Offering staff appropriate support and advice.
- Managing crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware and software problems
- Mentoring and training staff on usage of relevant ICT equipment and software.
- Keeping up to date with the latest technologies that can improve business systems within the organisation.
- Preparing and availing relevant reports.
- Ability to contribute and implement organisational strategy.
- Communication skills (Effective listening, effective questioning and positive communication skills. Excellent oral and written communication, fluency in English and Kiswahili.
- Multi-tasking skills while maintain high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Problem solving skills and initiative.
- Courtesy and professionalism.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to display team Work
- Capacity to work with people at all levels in the organisation.
- Excellent time management skills – Ability to plan and adhere to work time schedules.
Interested candidates are encouraged to email their application letters indicating vacancy number and detailed CVs to Human Resource Officer via
, Applications are due no later than 5:00 p.m. on Feb. 1st, 2017.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or a related field, additional professional certification will be added advantage.
- Minimum Three years’ experience in IT Support preferably in a busy IT Environment.
- Experience of providing Desktop Support.
- Experience of providing support for automated business operations Systems.
- Experience in computer operations, technical support or systems programming, as well as in project management will be an added advantage.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GIS is an
equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.